Garmin Map Update – By using the Garmin Express application, the Garmin Map Update can be installed automatically when available. Garmin has designed several devices like apps, watches, and maps etc. Map updates play the crucial role in order to provide the accurate data like location or changes to roads on the maps. In order to update your Maps or any other navigation devices, first, you need to transfer the data to your system. Here we are going to describe the step-by-step procedure to download an install Garmin Map Update using Garmin Express.
Garmin Map Update
Step-by-step procedure to install Garmin Map Update:
Installing Garmin Express – Garmin Map Update:
- First of all, you need to install Garmin Express on your system.
- Visit garmin.com/express and then download the application according to your operating system.
If you are using Windows:
- Open your web browser and then visit garmin.com/express and then click on the Download for Windows.
- Now click save file or run according to your browser to save the file on your system.
- Open the downloaded file and then double click on the GarminExpress.exe file to run the setup.
- Now click Install and then follow the instructions displaying on the screen to finish the process.
- Click Yes to allow the program to make changes to your system and then click Agree to accept the software license agreement.
- After the successful installation, you need to double-click on the Garmin Express icon to start the application.
If you are using Mac:
- Visit garmin.com/express and then click on the Download for Mac option from the page.
- Now select save file or run button according to your web browser to save the file on your Mac computer.
- You need to open the downloads folder now and then double click on the downloaded file GarminExpress.dmg file.
- Now you need to click on the Install Garmin Express icon from the folder and then follow the prompts to install.
- Click close to close4 the installation wizard and then eject the mounted image of the Garmin express from the finder.
- Now open the folder named as Applications and then double click on the Garmin Express icon to launch the application.
Steps to install Garmin Map Update using Garmin Express:
- Once you have successfully installed the Garmin Express application on your system then start the application.
- Now you need to connect your device to your system using a USB cable.
- After connecting the device to the system, you need to add your Garmin device to the Garmin Express app.
- Click on the Add a Device or plus (+) sign from the dashboard of the application.
- Now you need to fill all the details related to your product or the device like serial number and model name in the required fields.
- You need to save the details and then the Garmin Express app will automatically search for the new map updates.
- If the updates are available then you need to click on the Install or Install All option to install the Garmin Map Update on your system.
- Wait until the installation is finished and then click close to finish the process when prompted.
- After the successful installation, you can disconnect the device from the system as well as restart your device to save the changes.
During the installation process, you can see the progress bar which will tell you all the information related to the installation. The installation process of Garmin Map Update is very easy but can be tricky sometimes. You may face several issues while installing the updates like.
Issues while installing Garmin Map Update:
- Unable to install Garmin Map Updater.
- Garmin Maps are not up-to-date.
- What is the Garmin Map update discount code?
- How to install Garmin Software Update?
- Issues with the Garmin Express Update.
- Garmin Map updates free download 2017.
- Garmin Map updates free download 2018]
All of the issues which are mentioned above can be found during the Garmin Map update or software update. In case you need help then you may visit garmin.com/express or contact Garmin Support for help.